Bartram’s Garden is located in Southwest Philadelphia and is easy to access via public transit, biking, and driving.
For GPS navigation to the Garden’s main entrance at 54th Street, closest to our Welcome Center, use address “5400 Lindbergh Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA.”
For the Sankofa Community Farm, the 56th Street Plaza, and access to the South Mile, use the entrance at 56th Street.
For the North Mile and the Dock & Community Boathouse, use the entrance at 51st Street.
See below for detailed directions to our main entrance at 54th Street. We share this entrance with our neighbors at Bartram Village.
Upon turning into the entrance, come down our long driveway, known as Harley Drive, past the entrance to Bartram Village on your right. Continue down Harley Drive to reach the Welcome Center, bike racks, and visitor parking. Our administrative offices are also located along Harley Drive.
Public Transit: Take the #36 Trolley to 54th Street
The #36 SEPTA trolley stops at the Bartram’s Garden main entrance at 54th Street and Lindbergh Boulevard.
Westbound from City Hall:
- Get off at the northeast corner of 54th and Lindbergh Boulevard.
- Cross Lindbergh and walk west over the small railroad bridge.
- Turn left into the Garden entrance.
Eastbound from Eastwick:
- Get off at the southwest corner of 54th and Lindbergh.
- Turn right into the Garden entrance.
By Bike to 54th Street
By Car to Main Entrance at 54th Street
Bartram’s Garden is convenient from Center City Philadelphia as well as I-76 (Schuylkill Expressway) and I-95.
Free parking is available in our visitor parking lot unless otherwise noted during special events. Free parking is also available along 51st Street and 56th Street. Please follow all parking instructions from staff during your visit.
Upon arriving at our main entrance at 54th Street, come down our long driveway, Harley Drive, until arriving at a stop sign. Veer left to park in the visitor parking lot.
From the West via 76 (Schuylkill Expressway)
- Travel 76 East to Exit 346B: University Ave and Grays Ferry Ave. Bear left while on exit ramp.
- Turn left at the traffic light at the end of the ramp onto University Avenue/34th Street.
- Turn right at next light onto Gray’s Ferry Avenue. Get into the left lane as you go over the big bridge that spans the
- Schuylkill River. There is a traffic light at the end of the bridge.
- Turn left onto Paschall Avenue at that light.
- Turn left at next light onto 49th Street.
- Bear left when 49th Street splits. This is when 49th Street turns into Lindbergh Boulevard.
- Stay straight through the traffic light at Lindbergh and 54th Street. Cross small railroad bridge.
- Turn left at our entrance at the end of the railroad bridge.
From Center City
- Take 23rd Street south below Market Street and merge right onto Gray’s Ferry Avenue just beyond South Street, then follow the directions above.
From Delaware, the Blue Route (476), and points south via I-95 North
- Follow I-95N past Philadelphia International Airport.
- Take Exit 13, Central Philadelphia, 76/291 West, and continually keep right.
- Take exit for 291 West. Turn right on Island Avenue and stay right.
- Cross under highway and turn right at light on Bartram Avenue, then left at second light on Essington Avenue.
- Proceed straight on Essington and turn left at first light on 70th Street.
- Go straight and turn right at next light on Lindbergh Boulevard.
- Follow Lindbergh Boulevard to Garden entrance on right just after Elmwood Avenue joins with Lindbergh.
From New Jersey and points north via I-95 South
- Follow I-95S past Center City.
- Take Exit 14, Bartram Avenue, and proceed to second light at Essington Avenue.
- Turn right and follow directions above.