We’re celebrating the 10th anniversary of the Sankofa Community Farm!
Join us for a festive outdoor celebration at Bartram’s Garden featuring cocktails in the garden, sunset tours, a lively auction, and farm-inspired treats.
Founded in 2011, the Sankofa Community Farm at Bartram’s Garden is a community-driven, African Diaspora-focused farm on the banks of the Tidal Schuylkill River. We’re celebrating the incredible accomplishments of the last 10 years at the Sankofa Community Farm and toasting to another meaningful and joyous decade!
All proceeds support programming for children and families. A portion of your ticket price is tax-deductible.
Garden cocktail attire; flats are recommended. Rain or shine.
Free parking is available. Directions are available here.
For questions, contact June Mansfield at firstname.lastname@example.org or 215.729.5281 x107.
As of July 30, 2021, Bartram’s Garden again requires that all people wear masks in all of our indoor spaces. To help limit the spread of COVID, please follow the current City of Philadelphia guidelines for visiting an outdoor public space.
TICKETS & SPONSORSHIPS:
The Sankofa Community Farm is nationally recognized for 10 years of accomplishments, including
- growing and distributing 15,000 pounds of produce each year, serving 500 local families
- employing 25 local youth annually for an intensive paid internship
- welcoming 50 local households in the community garden
- strengthening neighborhood food sovereignty through a popular at-home garden program
At Twilight in the Garden, you and your guests will enjoy:
- Festive outdoor celebration at Bartram’s Garden, a 50-acre park on the banks of the Tidal Schuylkill River in Southwest Philadelphia
- A choose-your-own adventure evening, with options for everything from sunset garden tours to cozy riverfront fire pits
- Intimate conversation led by Sara Lomax-Reese, President and CEO of WURD Radio, with Sankofa Community Farm Co-Founders Chris Bolden-Newsome and Ty Holmberg
- Silent auction featuring travel, artwork, private experiences, and more!
- Hand-crafted autumnal cocktails and farm-inspired treats
Bartram’s Garden is committed to empowering local youth, uplifting community voices, and providing a safe green space that facilitates growth, healing, and inspiration. Your support directly impacts these initiatives and makes a difference in our community. A portion of the ticket price is tax-deductible.
TWILIGHT IN THE GARDEN 2021 CO-CHAIRS
Charles & Maria Lomax, Sara Lomax-Reese, Representative Joanna E. McClinton, Robert Pugliese, & Representative Regina Young & Steven Young.
Thank you to our Presenting Sponsors!
Additional thanks to the following sponsors: