- This event has passed.
Bartram’s Garden River Fest (2017)
Celebrate the tidal Schuylkill River with on-the-water fun for the whole family! The Bartram’s Garden River Fest and 7th Annual Tidal Schuylkill Boat Parade features:
ON THE RIVER:
- Floating ice cream parlor and watermelon stand, an eight-foot Pizza Raft, giant water fowl, costumed canoes, and handmade boats of all types
- Free kayaking and rowboating on the Schuylkill River. Our fleet of rowboats are built by local middle and high school students as part of the Philadelphia Waterborne program
- On-the-water dancefloor with DJ Jay Plus
- Everyone is welcome to join the parade. To find out how, go to tidalschuylkill.org
BONUS! Decorate anything that floats, put on your fanciest tidal river ensemble, and bring it to our dock to take part in the Tidal Schuylkill Boat Parade. For more River Fest updates, visit: tidalschuylkill.org
- Free pony rides and children’s games
- Free Bike Rentals to explore the new Bartram’s Mile Trail
- Farmers Market provide by our farm
- Face painting provided by Comedy Dreams
- Creative map making with artist Cecily Anderson
- Food trucks serving up icy treats
PLUS! Start your morning with a family Fishing Day at the John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge at Tinicum. Fishing equipment will be provided or bring your own. A FREE Southwest community shuttle will make stops between Heinz, Bartram’s Garden, and several other Southwest locations throughout the day.
- FREE Southwest Community Shuttle. Schedule and locations here.
- 36 Trolley stops at Lindbergh Boulevard and 56th Street
- Parking on site is $5. Free street parking on Lindbergh Boulevard and 56th Street