With support from Philadelphia Energy Solutions, join us for RIVER FEST, a full day of fun for the whole family! Highlights include:
- Free Stuff! Come take a free paddle in a kayak or rowboat, as well as free pony rides, hay rides and more.
- Ice Cream on the River. There’s free ice cream for those who paddle out to the floating ice cream parlor.
- Music. Come listen to a cool band, the Reverse Birds
- Petting Zoo. Encounter an array of adorable farm animals.
- Free Food. Free hot dogs and soft pretzels — you can’t beat that!
- Philly’s Oldest Tugboat. Built in 1902, Philadelphia’s oldest tugboat, Jupiter, will be here. River Fest visitors can even go on onboard for a tour. (Learn more here.)
- Youth Bicycle Rodeo
- A Visit from John Bartram! John Bartram will visit River Fest, reenacting the moment Bartram returned home from Berks County — via canoe — with the first example of the Rhododendron arborescens, discovered near the headwaters of the Schuylkill River.
BONUS! Decorate anything that floats, put on your fanciest tidal river ensemble, and bring it to our dock to take part in the Tidal Schuylkill Boat Parade. For more River Fest updates, visit: tidalschuylkill.org.