Join us for the third in the 4-part series of POP’s new Community Orchard Resilience Education (POP CORE) course!
4pm – 5pm: Early Spring Wild Edibles Walk (optional, weather-permitting)
5pm – 6pm: Community Potluck and Food Culture Share (optional)
6pm – 8pm: In-class Workshop
- When and how to harvest fruits
- Low-maintenance, high yield food plants
- Perennial medicinal and culinary herbs for the Philly climate
- Edible and soil-building fungi for the orchard
- Sample polycultures
- Sample perennial edibles recipes – cider, fermentation, jams, jellies, greens
POPCORE combines many elements of orchard stewardship, ecosystem design, and food uses that POP has learned over the past ten years. This four part series is intended to grow the knowledge, skillset, and self-reliance of our community orchard partners and volunteers, resulting in happier, healthier, and more productive community orchards.
Those completing all four classes over any two year period will receive POPCORE Urban Orchardist Certification!
Space is limited, pre-registration required!
General Public: $30
P.O.P Partners and Bartram’s Garden Members: $20
Southwest Residents or ACCESS Card holders: Call 215-729-5281 x112 for info on special $2 tickets.
Additional Pricing Options available at checkout.