- This event has passed.
River Down the Street (2018)
A night of history, art, food, community and the sharing of stories inspired by the river and the people who live along its shore. A showcase of various performers and speakers will shed light on the complex and rich history of Kingsessing and Southwest Philadelphia. Sample some of Southwest’s finest flavors provided by local vendors and enjoy a relaxing evening by the water’s edge.
- FREE AND OPEN TO ALL!
- RAIN OR SHINE! We’ll be in the Barn and Coach House if it’s raining at 56th Street
- Host: Kyle “JR” Morris
- Performance by Balmour (Lead singer of Emotae)
- Stories of Black life during the 17th & 18th centuries presented by Sharece Blakney
- Paint with a twist activity
- EDGE & Waterways will present ways to get involved with the river and share information about the activities that happen along its shore
- A night of art, history, poetry, music and the sharing of stories inspired by the river and the people who live along its shore. This event will shed light on the complex and rich history of Kingsessing and Southwest Philadelphia. Visit local vendors and spend a relaxing evening at our riverside botanical garden.
This is part of our Art@Bartram’s series. Art@Bartram’s is a multi-year collaborative initiative between Bartram’s Garden and Mural Arts Philadelphia, supported by the William Penn Foundation, that celebrates the Schuylkill River trail and its surrounding landscape, and promotes environmental stewardship.
Visit muralarts.org/artatbartrams for the full Art@Bartram’s event calendar and to learn more about the project, or get mobile alerts for all events by texting “TideRooms” to 797979.